Private Duty Nursing La Mirada, CA
Reliable private duty nursing for aging adults in the La Mirada area.
In the beginning, as seniors age and need extra help around the house, family members and close friends can help them out. Sometimes, those needs evolve and seniors need more help than just the basic household chores or errands. Comfort Keepers of La Mirada has private duty nursing available for your senior loved ones. The caregivers with our program provide your loved one with the medical care and compassion they need to retain the independence they desire to have.
Understanding Private Duty Nursing
The private duty nursing program we offer provides high-quality and expertly skilled Licensed Practice Nurses and Registered Nurses. One or both these professionals assist your loved one with their medical needs. We also employ an Interactive Caregiving™ model in which all nurses on staff are trained. This model is designed to promote active engagement and interest by the nurse that is paired with each senior.
Our private duty nursing provides the following services:
- Preparing medications for weekly dosing including adding to pill boxes or dispensing machines, which ensures that the proper dosage is always administered
- Administering certain medications, such as eye and ear drops, injections, oral and topical medications, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- Personal care such as nail shaping, oral cavity suctioning, and supervision of bowel frequency
- Interpreting results of blood sugar results and sliding scale dosages; mixing and/or drawing insulin for injections to be given later
- Overseeing proper hygiene of ostomy and catheter
- Training family and friends to properly care for their loved one
Clients can receive regular care and private duty assistance with services provided by the hour or emergency shifts. Nurses are available around the clock, seven days a week. The nurse paired with your loved one will work closely with the medical support team to give the senior superior level of care on a daily basis.